Put a kick in your step and more sunshine in your day with premier herbs known to take the blue out of the moody blues.
Choose the 3-pack for 15% off!
Contains: St. John's Wort Extract, standardized to 0.3% hypericin, Eleuthero (root)*, Kava (root), Ginkgo (leaf)*, Cayenne Pepper (fruit)*
100 Capsules/525 mg
Directions: Take 2 capsules twice daily, preferably with food and water. For maximum benefit, use for at least two months.
Caution: Do not take this product without the advice of your physician if you are pregnant, lactating, or taking prescription drugs. Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight and tanning while using this product.
*USDA Certified Organic
Mood Guard is an all-natural herbal formula with St. John's Wort standardized to 0.3% hypericin, eleuthero root, kava root, ginkgo leaf, and cayenne pepper. This formula provides the clinically researched dose of St. John's Wort for promoting a positive mood. Mood Guard helps put a kick in your step and a little more sunshine in your day!
St. John’s Wort is the standout remedy world-wide for mental well-being and for soothing stress and tension. It supports the body's natural apparatus to generate "feel good" emotions.
Eleuthero root, a caffeine-free adaptogen also known as Siberian ginseng, is an excellent stamina builder and an exceptional long term tonic that boosts immunity and strength in both men and women. Researchers believe it helps prevent "adrenal burnout" caused by ongoing physical or mental challenges. Eleuthero boosts concentration and focus without the crash that comes from drinking caffeinated beverages. It supports thyroid tissue. A study conducted a few years ago shows that supplementing with eleuthero for 8 weeks enhances endurance capacity, increases cardiovascular functions and alters the metabolism for sparing glycogen in recreationally trained male subjects (4).
Kava root, a relative of black pepper, has been cultivated and consumed in the South Pacific islands for over 3,000 years. Kava’s active constituents are kavalactones, which promote peaceful tranquility, sociability, contentment, muscle relaxation and pain relief while preserving a strong sense of mental clarity and cognitive ability. In traditional native cultures, women or children had the task of chewing the root and spitting it into a bowl to promote the extraction of active compounds marindin and dihydromethylsticin. This mixture was used to prepare a beverage to be consumed during social occasions or formal ceremonies. Today, modern versions of the Kava Kava ceremonies are still conducted to honor important guests. In 1992, Hillary Clinton participated in a Kava Kava ceremony conducted by the Samoan community on Oahu. Pope John Paul II also participated in a Kava Kava ceremony when he visited the Pacific.
Ginkgo leaf stimulates circulation and oxygenation of the blood, which increases the rate at which information is transmitted at the nerve cell level. Mood is influenced by the effectiveness of neurotransmissions.
Cayenne, a common kitchen spice used throughout the world, is true medicine. Widely studied by scientists, it is proving to have a wide spectrum of benefits. The active ingredient, capsaicin,is known to improve blood flow to the heart and depletes substance P, a neuropeptide that transmits pain signals. According to Andrew Weil, M.D. in an interview with Chile Pepper magazine (May/June, 1996, p. 42), chilies stimulate blood circulation. In addition, the "chili eater's high" may come from a boost in endorphins, a natural chemical which diminishes the perception of pain and triggers a positive feeling in the body, similar to the euphoric feeling of the runner's high.
- St John's wort for major depression., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=18843608&dopt=Abstract
- Efficacy and tolerability of Hypericum perforatum in major depressive disorder in comparison with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors: a meta-analysis., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=19028540&dopt=Abstract
- Deconstructing an adaptogen: Eleutherococcus senticosus., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18607235
- The effect of eight weeks of supplementation with Eleutherococcus senticosus on endurance capacity and metabolism in human., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21793317
- Evidence-based efficacy of adaptogens in fatigue, and molecular mechanisms related to their stress-protective activity., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19500070
- The Kava Anxiety Depression Spectrum Study (KADSS): a randomized, placebo-controlled crossover trial using an aqueous extract of Piper methysticum., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19430766
- Ginkgo biloba Extract 761: A Review of Basic Studies and Potential Clinical Use in Psychiatric Disorders., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25642989
- Biological Activities of Red Pepper (Capsicum annuum) and Its Pungent Principle Capsaicin: A Review., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25675368
Note: The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.