A premier Ayurvedic hormone herb. In women, shatavari rebalances the menstrual cycle, knocks down hot flashes, and strengthens libido. In men, it promotes virility and supports healthy production of semen. AKA "Hundred Lovers" herb.
Choose the 3-pack for 15% off!
Contains: Shatavari (root)*
100 capsules/515 mg
Directions: Take 2 capsules once or twice daily with food and water. Caution: Not for use if you are pregnant or lactating.
*USDA Certified Organic
Translated from Sanskrit, shatavari means "one hundred lovers" due to its rejuvenating action and ability to promote fertility and vitality in both men and women.
Shatavari is a premier herb for women in Ayurveda. It has an affinity for the reproductive system, balancing hormones in women of all ages, from menstrual to menopausal. A blood tonic and builder, demulcent (soothes mucous membranes), and cooling herb, shatavari balances menstrual cycles, supports milk production, strengthens sex hormones and builds libido, combats female dryness, and supports menopause including hot flashes.
In men, shatavari also has a preference for the reproductive system. It encourages the healthy production of semen and promotes virility.
In Ayurveda, shatavari is believed to calm the mind and promote love and devotion.
- Comparative "in vitro" evaluation of the antiresorptive activity residing in four Ayurvedic medicinal plants. Hemidesmus indicus emerges for its potential in the treatment of bone loss diseases., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24786575
- A Double-Blind Randomized Clinical Trial for Evaluation of Galactogogue Activity of Asparagus racemosus Willd., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24363697
- Comparative Cytotoxicity of Glycyrrhiza glabra Roots from Different Geographical Origins Against Immortal Human Keratinocyte (HaCaT), Lung Adenocarcinoma (A549) and Liver Carcinoma (HepG2) Cells., http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25779384
- Plant profile, phytochemistry and pharmacology of Asparagus racemosus (Shatavari): A review, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4027291/
- A compilation of Bioactive Compounds from Ayurveda, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2639691/
Note: The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.